Welcome

Hi all! My name is Ben Hume, and I am an aspiring film editor. One of my hobbies is researching the editing technique and history behind many popular films, and overtime I have come to realize that many of the greatest and most respected films of all time almost turned out entirely different, and that these changes were often enacted very late into the process of postproduction. Because I think there is still such a mysticism surrounding film production in many people, I intend to use this blog as a venue with which to explore the 'almosts' that may have made classic films turn out majorly differently. That "The Godfather Part II" almost had an entire second half to both storylines which branched them both seamlessly. That "Star Wars'" climax almost lost all of its power because of one key detail. Or that "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind's" crux was almost an infidelity subplot. This is Adventures in Post-Production.

Comments

Popular Posts